Please Note that our website is under construction. Due to this some links may not work.
Headliners (UK) is a North East based charity supporting children and young people to have a voice. Through our unique multi-media programmes, young people produce podcasts, films and photography portfolios to share stories about issues that concern them and campaign for change in their communities.
Headliners (UK) Board
Headliners (UK) is governed by a Board of Trustees that bring a range of experience, knowledge and skills to support the charity to meet its charitable objectives. The Board consists of independent individuals with a range of skills and competencies across key sectors including journalism, public sector and communications which enables Headliners (UK) to operate as an effective charity and a Limited company.
The Board of Trustees is responsible for setting the strategic direction of the charity and ensuring it meets its charitable objectives for public benefit. To learn more about the members of our Board of Trustees, please click here
An annual effectiveness review of Board members is undertaken to ensure that the Board is made up of individuals with the right balance of skills and experience to meet the needs of the organisation.
There is an independent level of expertise on the Board and ensuring there is a balance of skills to meet the needs of the organisation.
The Board skills currently includes journalism, education, media, public engagement, marketing and communications and youth development experience
Headliners (UK) Articles of Association
Headliners (UK) is governed by our Articles of Association which can be downloaded here:
Headliners (UK) Annual Trustees Report and Accounts
- 2021 – 2022 Headliners (UK) Annual Trustees Report and Accounts can be downloaded here
- 2020 – 2021 Headliners (UK) Annual Trustees Report and Accounts can be downloaded here
- 2019 – 2020 Headliners (UK) Annual Trustees Report and Accounts can be downloaded here
- 2018 – 2019 Headliners (UK) Annual Trustees Report and Accounts can be downloaded here
Headliners (UK) Strategy
Headliners (UK) currently has a three year strategy which is focused on enabling young people to have a voice.
Our vision is a world where young people’s voices are heard, where they believe in themselves, are empowered and able to make positive choices and changes for themselves and for others.
Our mission is to provide a platform for young people to share their voices, positively challenge the world around them, build their self-confidence and promote young people’s right to be heard as equals.
All young people:
- have voices and views that are respected and listened to
- are talented, creative and deserve to be nurtured and supported to create a positive future
- deserve equal access to inclusive opportunities and the resources they require to fulfil their potential
- matter and our role is to provide support and opportunities for them to identify and develop their own strengths
- should feel safe, have a safe space and be supported without judgement
We strive to act in line with our principles:
- Consult, empower and involve young people in decision making and day to day activities.
- Create a safe space for young people.
- Build positive relationships between our workforce and young people.
- Have a youth-centred approach and begin our support where the young person is at in their lives.
- Use inclusive multi-media, journalism and story-telling practical skills-based activities
- Each young person is empowered to create their own content for each project or activity
- Promote social mixing, cohesion and opportunities for young people to make friends
- Ensure effective and efficient use of our charity’s resources
- Ensure consistent management, leadership and good governance principles are adopted across all elements of the charity’s operations.
Headliners (UK) Values
Respectful: To respect yourself and others at all times and treat others with dignity.
- Inclusive: To support accessibility and inclusivity for all whilst amplifying the voices of young people
- Understanding: To have strong and trusting relationships between young people, members, partners & supporters based on open and honest communication.
- Caring: Show care and consideration to everyone
- Integrity: To act with integrity, honesty and sincerity at all times.
- Safety: To ensures safety, confidentiality and safeguarding at all times for young people and our activities