A Voice for Young People
Our charity has a 30-year track record of inspiring children and young people to investigate and challenge the world around them. Our programmes improve confidence, skills, resilience and aspirations and we involve young people in decision making from project to strategic planning.
We provide a platform to enable and empower children and young people to share and amplify their voices, so they are heard. We use multi-media programmes and tools to help young people learn new skills, engage with other people from different backgrounds and give them the means to make good choices in their own lives.
Young people are involved in decision making across the organisation and four of our Trustees are former participants in the Headliners (UK) programme.
We work with young people in the North East of England.
What really helped me is the employability side. I lacked confidence in this and just didn’t know where to start. After working with Headliners, I feel so much more confident and positive about my future because I have been given some really good skills in interviewing, mapping out my future and building my experiences though volunteering.
It’s exciting to know that my photography work will have a lasting impact as it’s going to be displayed in an exhibition with Headliners. From someone who never shared anything that I created before to having something up for public display is a really big thing for me. If I thought back to what things were like last year, I could never have imagined it happening.
Our vision is a world where young people’s voices are heard, where they believe in themselves, are empowered and able to make positive choices and changes for themselves and for others.
Our mission is to provide a platform for young people to share their voices, positively challenge the world around them, build their self-confidence and promote young people’s right to be heard as equals.
- All young people have voices and views that are respected and listened to.
- All young people are talented, creative and deserve to be nurtured and supported to create a positive future.
- All young people deserve equal access to inclusive opportunities and the resources they require to fulfil their potential.
- All young people matter and our role is to provide support and opportunities for them to identify and develop their own strengths.
- All young people should feel safe, have a safe space and be supported without judgement